Brown Ales and Stouts

I'll leave it to Jeannie to correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we've encountered a Belgian stout yet? I've heard rumours that they exist, and that there might even be one clever brewer who has merged two of Belgium's finest products into a chocolate stout. It is fairly safe to say, though, that stouts are definitely NOT the standard-bearer when it comes to Belgian beer.

Brown (brune, bruin) ales, however, are in far more common supply, and apart from the Leffe clones, there are some truly interesting beers. Not that Leffe Brown is bad [1], it's just that if I feel like a Leffe brown kind of beer, I think I'll just have a Leffe Brown. This is such a cool beer style, with so much potential, that I think the clones should go try do something a bit more interesting or exciting with all that technology and investment.

This category has been broken down into "normal browns" and "strong browns" (>7%)

Follow the links over there on the right to get more details

Watch this space - descriptions and more interesting (maybe) stuff coming once I've finished taking and uploading more photos.


[1] In fact I usually keep one or two in the fridge for times (like now) when I don't really feel like a beer, but also don't want to deny myself such a simple pleasure back

Back To Top

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home